Sunday, April 13, 2008

stuff I've done

I completed my photo cubes. I actually had 2 to do. I did the set that I mentioned earlier-with the 2x2 wood cubes. MAN, that thing is a PUZZLE if you ever get the blocks out of order! I just threw all 8 blocks into the bag to bring them home when we finished, and it took a good 5 minutes to piece it back together to display! But Emma had a good time putting different pictures together. Then I had a 5.5 inch chipboard cube that I picked up on clearance sometime forever ago. I never posted pics of the awesome "L" my sister Adrienne made for me for Christmas-this is the 2 footer one that you get at Joanns. Isn't it GREAT? I took 2 pictures so you could see that it wasn't just a "frontal" effort-it's got dimension! She gave me some leftover papers from it, so I used them for my other cube. I didn't have much in the way of black and cream embellishments, so I used some rub-ons on the pictures (which you can't really see in these photos). I'm not sure if they show up so well, so maybe I'll have to pick up a few more embellies to spice it up. So, here are the pics!



I also made this to print out as a poster to hang in our stairway. I remember a couple years ago when I went back to Utah that there was a store in the mall making things similar to this and thought that it was the greatest idea ever. My friend actually ended up getting one for her house! So now that I'm into the digiscrapping world, I thought I'd give it a whirl. And since Costco prints 20x30 enlargements for only $10 I thought it was worth a shot. If anyone wants me to do one for them I've been thinking of trying this as a business. Of course, if I DID sell them, I'd have to get permission from the digital kit owners, so who knows. But if anyone wants to send me some pics, let me know and I'll try a few things.

*quote at the bottom says "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." Since it'll be a 20x30, I don't think there will be a problem reading it! :) But just in case you wanted to know what it says, there you go!

We got a few things accomplished this weekend and we are THAT much closer to finally finishing the minor things in the kitchen. Ya, it's almost a year later. Let's not talk about that. And we got some plants and a tree for our front yard, so my creative skills will be extending out to the great outdoors...let's see how that goes. I'm hoping to finish one of the girls dresses tomorrow night-I love the fabric, so I'll post a pic when it's done!

6 comments:

Ashlee and Shane said...

You are so full of ideas! I want to send a pic to you! I will email you one...

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the crafty gene from???? I didn't realize HOW talented you are..WOW! Can we hire ya???:)

AnnCP said...

This all looks delicious!!! Hope you save the planting tree stuff for when we get out there...but then maybe you need to plant trees now.

I want to order one of your 20x30, maybe smaller for some friends of mine. I will get some pixs. What a great thing to see when leaving your home each day!

mom

Anonymous said...

SO, really, where did you get the block letters to design? I saw one in a home I as showing the other day and I LOVED it. I just don't know where to get stuff like that...Michaels???? What's your home/cell#???

Anonymous said...

how did you do that poster?? is it a scrabook page that you could enlarge? you are awesome. i love your ideas!!!

MetroParks said...

I love, love the black damask paper at the top of your L. Do you know where I could get my hands on about 20 peices:-) ??? What was the name of the online fabric store you use?