Friday, April 4, 2008

Boxes

I heard about this cute idea to make a "newborn" box for each child. You decorate a small box and include different things like the birth story, the baby "stats", feelings from Mom and Dad, copy of the birth certificate, maybe some congratulatory cards you were given, and pictures, etc. Whatever you want to put in it. The article also suggested getting tiny paper mache boxes and put the hospital bracelet and any other small trinkets in them-maybe lace or fabric from the blessing outfit. So I made a few tiny boxes the other night. Super easy, nothing too crazy. But it'll get me on track to actually create my baby boxes. Since my friend is moving and wants to use up her craft supplies, she's having a craft night every week-talk about helping me get my projects done! So I did these boxes one night, and I made a jewelry holder another night (HERE is a picture of what I made, except for my frame is brown-sorry if the link doesn't work-I'm not sure if her blog is private or not). I'm probably going to make the crayon roll that she shows on her blog also. Next week we'll be making those photo blocks-the ones where there are a bunch of 2 inch blocks put together to make a big block and you cut up photos and glue them on, then you can rearrange the blocks to show different pictures. Maybe that made sense? I also picked up some super cute fabric to make some dresses and outfits for the girls. Maybe I'll finally get some projects finished!

2 comments:

AnnCP said...

I have to get a baby gift ready. Great idea.

mom

Ashlee and Shane said...

Those are such cute boxes! I have been wanting to make those cubes with pics on them, but i don't know how to do it?!