Friday, October 31, 2008

While the sewing machine is out...

I made their Christmas jammies (fabric is Michael Miller, I think. I got it from a lady who had excess-http://kandykissesboutique.typepad.com/, but I'm not sure if she has anymore). The shirts are just from target. I LOVE the pants. I've been wanting to make some of these, just haven't gotten around to it. I'll be making some of these pants to go with a few dresses...after the holidays :) Now that they are finished, I'll finally get to take down the "project" table from the dining room, which has been up since, oh, AUGUST! But I have to say, I think I know how I want our family room layout to be now that I've had my sewing table set up near the family room. I want a room with french sliding doors (do they make those?) just off of the family room for ALL my projects-and it'll look CUTE and ORGANIZED and I can LOCK IT. That way I can work on stuff and the girls don't feel like they have to be in my hair-they'll be able to see me and carry on with their various activities. Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't work on a project somewhere else in the house without their children following them around! I've already got a really cool set-up in the basement, but the girls go crazy when I'm down there. I feel bad b/c it took a lot of effort (on Dave's part as well as on my part) to get that put together. But oh well, we've learned our lessons!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ted said he married the wrong sister...

Lauren said...

You are out of control girl!! I LOVE the jammies. So cute!

Camie said...

Those are super cute. I always loved the tradition of getting new jammies for Christmas.

gregandlaura said...

SO CUTE! I saw that fabric from Michael miller and never got my hands on it! I love it - they turned out so cute! I have the same issue with projects. I get followed everywhere, and having it in the back of the house does no work!

Gavin and Shawna said...

Oh I wish I was sewing inclined!! Christmas Jammies that match are the best and they are REALLY hard to come by when I have a 7 year old and a 2 year old!!
You are one talented woman!!My husband just starts to chuckle when the sewing machine comes out...like "how much is this going to cost us on top of buying a 'real' thing afterwards?"

lramey said...

pretty sure you need to live by me so i can learn to sew the cutest pants and jammies and jackets and dresses for my girls! those are DARLING!!!!!!

Debbie said...

Lo... you are so talented. It's almost disgusting. :) I wish I had your talent. But you are SO not alone in having kidlets follow you around while you try to do a project. Dixie does the same thing. If I'm trying to do something on the computer, suddenly she is DYING to play with the computer. Wherever Mommy goes... :) Love ya girl!