Friday, January 2, 2009

piggy bank

I've been wanting to make one for the girls. I'm not a huge fan of pigs as a decorative item in a room (stuffed animals are okay), so that wasn't the route I wanted to take. So to joanns I went for inspiration. I thought maybe of doing a few paper mache boxes and cutting slits in the lids, but they didn't have any good sizes. Then I went into the jewelry storage section and saw it. A button holder. It's a circular container cut into 8 "pie" wedges for different colored buttons. I brought it home, measured the little paper inserts they had in a few of the wedges, and printed off the words onto pieces of paper and put them in. I put little tiny slivers of paper at the "break" between each section of 4 to separate each girl's section. A few embellishments later and I LOVE it! Each girl has her own side-4 slots each. 10% into invest, save, tithing and 70% into spending. Now we'll be starting on the whole "allowance thing :)





2 comments:

AnnCP said...

Very Cute and Girlie!

Snarr mama said...

LOVE it, I'm going to make some for my girls. Thanks for the great idea!